Well, the 2nd PMMCT was held here, and, well, it had even more surprises than the first. Once again, you, the people of Prototype, decided who you believed was the greatest Mega Man character of all time [at least for now].
Second verse, same as the first: I posted a division of 4 pairs of 2 characters, each, and you had 24 hours time to vote on your more favored character in each pair; not who you thought would win in a fight, but, who you liked MORE.
The character with more votes advanced to the next round. In the case of all ties, yours truly gave the tiebreaking vote. I banned myself from voting in this tourney, otherwise.
The 4 that advanced from Round 1 do battle in Round 2. The 2 winners of Round 2 advanced to the Division Final, and the winner there advanced to the Grand Division, which I again saved for last.
Not gonna lie, after Ballade's performance--you know, finishing 3 battles out of 4 with complete shutouts, and winning all 4 battles by a combined margin of +36--along with his unfortunate 1st-round draw in the 1st Tournament [R1 of Div 4; Mega Man > Ballade, 6-2], I had Ballade as the favorite. In fact, I had the guy winning the whole thing almost from the start of his massacres.
In other news, 1st-ever shutout in Grand Division history. Ouch.
Grand Division, Round 2: Mega Man X vs. Vile [9-0] Ballade vs. Albert Wily [6-3]
So, we've made it to the grand finale. The big kahuna. The be-all and end all.
THE FINAL BATTLE [voting ends at 6:45 AM, EST; Update got in the way, last night]: Vile vs. Albert Wily
Posted on May 22nd, 2016 at 10:50pmEdited on 2016/05/22 at 10:56pm
Posted 2016/05/22 at 10:50pmEdited 2016/05/22 at 10:56pm
My apologies for the long wait, folks. Some.....things happened over on my end [see the bottom of my profile for details].
The total valid votes have been counted, and your PMMCT champion iiiiiis.....
THE FINAL BATTLE: Vile vs. Albert Wily [7-3]
That maaaaaaad scientist! [/eggmanimpression]
So, to those of you that were so afraid of Proto Man repeating, don't be. Different people voted in this one. We even had rounds with 12 voters. We had more blowouts, more close fights, and rematches that both were the same and different than in the 1st tourney.
The rankings have also already been posted at the bottom of the pastebin for the 2nd PMMCT, too.
So, now that the 2nd PMMCT draws to a close, the following 5 questions must be asked:
1. Did you enjoy the 2nd PMMCT?
2. The brackets for both PMMCT's were made at random. Would you like the bracket for the 3rd PMMCT to... A) be made randomly, B) by the number of nominations for that character, or C) by their performance in the last PMMCT?
3. Do you like the idea of more than 2 characters in a battle?
4. Do you even WANT a 3rd PMMCT? [it'd start sometime in August, most likely]
5. Do you have anything else you'd like to add [anything at all]?
1. I did. I enjoy the simplicity of being able to come in, cast a vote, and wait until the next day. Gives me motivation to visit the site regularly without feeling like a lot is required of me in said visits. Also, dat Ballade/Docrobot destruction. 2. A) be made randomly. As we've seen, different matchups, even among the same characters can still be interesting for the audience. 3. That could be interesting. Maybe depending on the Division level (e.g. Semi-Finals, Grand Division, etc.), you could have the normal 1v1 or an all-out battle royale (most likely done earlier in the tournament), where there'd be, say, 5 contestants and each of us gets 2 votes to put into them, maybe being able to give multiple votes for one character. Have you ever played Quiplash on Jackbox TV? It'd be like the final round of that game. 4. You'd have to have less repeats if you want a third time. I think there was good variety for this particular sequel, but by the time a third one comes around, you want a very different cast...Honestly, if you didn't/couldn't do another one, I would completely understand. 5. NO
1. Due to some of the extreme knock-outs and the polar opposite ties, this tourney was even better than the last one. 2. A is best. The different orders these fights go shape the entire competition. 3. It would be a cool dynamic. Someone could go "I hate Proto Man and love Bass, but Proto Man is winning. I tolerate Mega Man, and he has more votes than Bass, so I'll vote for Mega Man to beat Proto Man". 4. I think we should, but I would wait until at least September, if not later. Maybe we can get some new users, and thus new voters by then. 5. Warn the Duke!
Posted on May 23rd, 2016 at 8:24pmEdited on 2016/05/23 at 8:31pm
Posted 2016/05/23 at 8:24pmEdited 2016/05/23 at 8:31pm
1. Yes, I enjoyed seeing Dramatic close calls and Doc Robot being absolutely destroyed 2. I enjoy the randomized brackets, they add interesting elements to the tournament, BUUUT in some ways you may get a bracket in which one doesn't even have a chance (Doc v. Ballade) so "A" 3. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS! 4. Sure, because I'd love to see an entirely different roster this time too 5. Ring.exe WILL MAKE IT MIKEY. SHE'LL SURVIVE THE ELIMINATOR!! (also Green Biker Dude)
Posted on May 24th, 2016 at 11:08pmEdited on 2016/05/24 at 11:11pm
Posted 2016/05/24 at 11:08pmEdited 2016/05/24 at 11:11pm
... 1. To me, it was ok, I ended up probably 3/4 of the battles voting for the loser. :/ 2. Let's continue to do it randomly. 3. Would be fun to see. 4. Sure, I'm game for another. 5. Why do I always seem to vote for the unpopular character?