Posted on August 1st, 2017 at 10:57pmEdited on 2017/08/01 at 11:01pm
Posted 2017/08/01 at 10:57pmEdited 2017/08/01 at 11:01pm
Those of you that've been in the chat over the past couple of months know that I [with the help of TailsMK4 and a RL friend] have been constructing an RPG [not an RP, an RP*G*; difference] for use on a BBS apart from Prototype. Originally, I planned to release this in the Prototype community, but, too many threads [1 for each player would be preferably needed] would've had to have been made to support the solo campaign storyline that goes with it.
I originally planned to begin the testing phase sometime this month, but, then, ThatOneEnder showed me an "RPGBot" on Discord that may simplify how Armageddon may be played. I'm planning on using this month to see how it works and if I can "program" it to my liking. Whether I can or can't, I'll post it here, along with any major updates, positive or negative, about how Armageddon will progress as I move closer and closer to having you all test the fudge out of this thing I've spent 2 years developing.
I'm currently planning to allow the testing phase to start either on or before September 1; I'll keep you posted.
Today, I actually managed to get both TailsMK4 AND ThatOneEnder to show me how this "RPBot" [yeah, that's what its name was.] works; while there ARE things about it that suck a little, I can confirm that, after I get this bot to remember the images and shortcuts to remember what will be about 80 or so cards, I'll be ready for the testing phase of Armageddon.....in a Discord, no less. :P
I also still have to fix the descriptions of about 50 or so of these cards, so, September 1 is the perfect time start for this. Should be juuuuuuuuuuuuust enough time to kick everything off.
After my scheduled dentist appointment for tomorrow is done and over with, I plan to start devoting big amounts of time and energy into making sure this Discord is finished and ready by September 1.
I'll still keep you posted if any developments.....develop.