1. How will the game be laid out, progression wise? Linear or Nonlinear? 2. Seeing as this is an RPG, will there be any form of sidequests we can look forward to? 3. How is the combat system going to play out?
Posted on June 11th, 2016 at 2:46amEdited on 2016/06/11 at 3:04am
Posted 2016/06/11 at 2:46amEdited 2016/06/11 at 3:04am
@RotomSlashBlast : Q1. What is Prototype Armageddon? A: It's essentially the product of an idea I created in June 2015. I wanted to create an RPG for the Roleplay section that had a structure, a clear ruleset, and clear definition for a win and a loss, unlike most RP's on Prototype, which usually suffer from this dumb little thing called "godmodding". By the way, that's the difference between this and most RP's on Prototype; Armageddon is an RP*G*, much like the original Prototype we all know and like. There's rules that cannot be bended and broken, and they're more clearly structured and defined. Oh, and there's a storyline. That, too.
Q2. Is there a list of abilities i can look at? A: There is, but, I need to upload their current look, first--I can link all the ones I've shown, so far, but, they wouldn't be what you see in the actual release; they've been reworked and edited since I first made them.
There's a total of aboooout 120 or so movees being used; precisely 70 have cards for them as of my answering this question.
Here's 6 old ones to tide you over until I've finished making them.
If the Credits for each card look uneven, please understand that the new cards are definitely more attentive at giving the proper credit where it's due.
Q3. Is there a list of robot master cards I can look at? A: See #2.
@StupidStudiosN : Q1. How will the game be laid out, progression wise? Linear or Nonlinear? A: Both. Chapter 0 is a linear 11 battles. Always the same. Chapter 1, however, allows you to choose Levels among the Mega Man 1 Robot Masters; each has different Mechas with different attacks and stats. Beating all 8 of their levels, of course, unlocks the endgame of Chapter 1, where you'll fight the chapter Bosses and their Mechas. Chapter 1 also has Sup--actually, check your next Q.
Q2. Seeing as this is an RPG, will there be any form of sidequests we can look forward to? A: Chapter 1 will have 7 optional Superbosses that you can fight at your discretion [and peril]. Still, though, you gotta beat the and so on and so forth. Bonus Stat increases and abilities are available by successfully beating this foes, but, be wary--they're called "Superbosses" for a reason. I've intended to make the 7th one the hardest foe that can be currently fought. Each RM level in Chapter 1 will also have optional battles that can be fought after you've beaten that level for the 1st time. Altogether, there's over 100 battles spanning Chapters 0 and 1, and only 40 are mandatory.
Q3. How is the combat system going to play out? A: Good one. Using any move ends your turn, unless it's a Free Move. Changing allies ends your turn. using an item ends your turn.
@AlphaRock0131 : 1: Send me the link. A: There's no link....yet. There is a Community prepared for Armageddon, but, it's not open to anyone but me, for now [and no, it doesn't appear in any online searches; I tested].
@Mettaur Man : Q1. Will there be any kind of Special level up system? A: Yes, actually. There's no experience or Level to keep track of at all. I use something else, entirely; your stats will gradually increase the more Levels [both mandatory and optional] you complete for the 1st time. You'll see PRECISELY what I mean when I release Chapters 0 and 1.
Q2. Will the cards level up? A: No. That's too much to keep track of in a BBS RPG. :P
Q3: Can you refight bosses to try to get their cards if you don't get them if they even have cards? A: You certainly can. This includes all Bosses and Superbosses, as well. Careful, though; Again, I designed them to be optional Superbosses for a reason.
@Mettaur Man : Q1. Will there be more then 120 moves? There may. I originally predicted 150, but, I'm pretty sure the actual number will be somewhere between the 2; closer to 120, though.
Q2. Will you please not use Dr. Wily as the villain? He's not. Not the MAIN villain, anyway.
Q3. Do the superbosses have A story along with them? Some do, some don't. Those that do will have dialogue. Those that don't will only have glances, staredowns, etc. before battle.
I said 3 Questions at a time, please. :P
@CrimsonBomb : Q1. So, will the mechanics be different from the original MMRPG? Kind of. It won't be PRECISELY the same; there will be notable changes for the sake of battles that actually require some thought and planning.
Q2. When will Prototype Armageddon (Officialy) come out? If you haven't decided or don't have a certain "deadline" just estimate or skip this question.
A: I plan on releasing as soon as I possibly can. I don't wanna give out dates and get people's hopes up only for me to have something happen and disappoint you all. I will continue to show planned material to prove that I am working towards a finish line, though. Don't worry.
Q3. WILL CUSTOM CARDS BE AVAILABLE? A: Custom cards? If you mean cards that someone besides myself has made, I may make that available at some point in the near future. Maybe.
@StupidStudiosM : 1. Why have the robot masters become haywire and have started attacking? A: Who said they became haywire and started attacking? That's not the storyline at all. :P Again, can't spoil everything. x)
2. is this going to be on the rp section on prototype or nah?' A: Funny thing about that. Back in July of 2015, I asked MegaBossMan if I could make a thread for every person that plays Armageddon. This was his reply. So, no, it's gonna be on a different BBS of my creation, though, obviously it'll be powered by some who obviously doesn't have Adrian's 1337 formatting skills. :P
3. Can you get mechas on your side? .....mayyyyyyyyyybe. If you're good enough.
1. Will there be stats that determine how many cards you hold in your deck? A: No, actually. All playable characters will be able to use the same number of moves.
2. Will there be characters that specialize in certain types of cards? A: Uhhhhh, duh? Just like in Prototype, you can only use cards that either Neutral-type or are--either in whole or in part--the same type as the user.
3. Will there be easter eggs like A secret developer room? A: Again, BBS-based. Not a game. No need for a room on a BBS. :P
1. Is slur and Trill gonna be involved? A: Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe.
2. Is trio gonna be a superboss? A: Not in Chapter 1, no. I'm trying to stay in Chapter 1, planning-wise, 'cause there's always the chance that people will want nothing to do with Armageddon after trying it, and it dies due to loneliness. Maybe there'll be a "Trio" later on, though.
3. WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE ABILTIIES?! I KNOW you posted one about Danger Bomb. A: I did. In fact, as of my answering this question, all of Cut Man's, Guts Man's, Ice Man's and Bomb Man's planned abilities are done. Will I post some of them? Soon. I still need to add the proper credits to a bunch of them.
1. You've said that special abilities can be unlocked by beating Superbosses, but then someone later asked if you could replay them until you get the ability, to which you said yes. Are these abilities a random drop or do you get them straight away after defeated the Superboss?
2. Will there be special abilities to be gained from normal bosses or exclusively Superbosses?
1. What is the reward for beating superbosses? A: Depends on the Superboss you just beat--the tougher it is, the better your reward is. Oh, and you unlock the NEXT Superboss, which is SUPPOSED to be tougher than the previous one. :P
2. Can you combine 2 copies of the same card together to make it stronger? A: There are plans to create new cards from unwanted old ones, but, it won't quite work that way.
3. Any penalties for death other then GAME OVER? A: Depends on where you die. Not saying anything more than that. :P
1. You've said that special abilities can be unlocked by beating Superbosses, but then someone later asked if you could replay them until you get the ability, to which you said yes. Are these abilities a random drop or do you get them straight away after defeated the Superboss? A: BOTH, actually! :D There's bonus cards that one automatically receives for beating a certain optional level/Superboss, and you can get cards from Superbosses, as well! Won't be easy, though.
2. Will there be special abilities to be gained from normal bosses or exclusively Superbosses? Both Bosses AND Superbooses, though, obviously will be easier to get from Bosses.
@Retro Pikachu :
1. Do you plan to add anything outside of the classic series? A: There will be some new Mechas, Bosses and Superbosses not found in ANY official MM game, let alone the Classic series.
2. Can you give us a rough estimate on your progress (i.e. 10%, 50%, 90%)? If not, then you can skip this question. A: Well, lessee, all levels are planned out, all storylines are set, NEARLY all stats are in place, most movesets are planned out, 75 Cards done out of an estimated 120-150, though. Uhhh, I'd say 60% at the very minimum.
3. Do you have plans to allow PvP? Yes, actually, but, I DO NOT wanna be one of those games out there JUST for PvP. Single Player will always take priority. Always.